A Note from David West
In my political life, two days are particularly significant. The first was December 4, 2013, the day I learned that I had been appointed the councillor for Ward 4. I realized the importance of this job and felt the awesome responsibility that comes with it. At the same time, I was overjoyed and eager to get to work making my community the best it could be.
The second day was earlier this year, January 24, when I won the by-election to become your mayor. When I decided to run, I was truly humbled by the overwhelming degree of encouragement. And I continued to be amazed by your willingness to respond at every turn, no matter what we asked of our campaign team and volunteers.
Now, as I prepare to seek a second term, I need your support again.
You’ll find it all on my website www.votedavidwest.ca under the tab ‘How Can I help’, but since you’re already reading this note, here are some places your help will be invaluable:
- Donations – any amount. Every dollar makes a difference as we purchase flyers, newspaper ads and rent a campaign office.
- Canvassing, flyer delivery, office staffing, phone calls and sign installation.
- Hosting a virtual or in-person group chat with me and your friends.
- Spread the word. Talk to family, neighbours and friends and show your support by wearing a button or taking a lawn sign.
- And most important of all – Vote David West on October 24
October seems a long way off, but time goes by quickly. If we start now, the task of getting the word to Richmond Hill voters will be far more manageable.
And a final word: To everyone who supported me in my first run for mayor – you have my deepest gratitude. I absolutely can’t thank you enough. But if you can somehow find a way to support me again, I’m convinced we will all be winners.